Friday, April 18, 2008

WIP - Cougar

cougar drawing in progressI started working on the cougar a few days ago. The beginning of one eye is in the previous post, and here it is finished. The eye, that is. The head is mostly done, but I will probably go back and add extra shading later. This is a detail view, as the drawing will be much larger. I don't want to spoil it, but this guy is in a fairly unique pose, even if it doesn't seem like it now, and there'll be some background. I'm still trying to think of a title.

Last post I also mentioned that I am moving towards the 6B charcoal more and more, but I found myself preferring the 4B for the fur here. I use small scribbles and then blend with a small stump in the same manner. It's a great method for doing short fur.

It looks like this weekend will be busy for me, so I might not get a lot of drawing in. Hopefully I'll finish this by the middle of the week, but I'm not going to rush it.

No comments: