Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Fill-A-Frame

Sometimes life seems to get in the way. My kids have been sick off and on for the past few months, and we decided to start a mega-spring cleaning of our house (about a month into it, we are only half-way done). I still try to get some drawing in when I can. The commission is temporarily on hold per request of the client, but I do have another project I'm working on until I can resume that one.

The local frame store, where I get all my framing done, is hosting a special event where artists can choose a pre-assembled frame (mostly odd sizes) to fill with whatever they want. All the completed artwork will be combined into an exhibit at the store later this month.

The frame I chose was a small one in a maroon color. I thought I could use one of several animals for it, like the red panda, kangaroo, or red fox. But it turns out these "red" animals are really more orange. So I found a maroon species of fish that I'm going to do instead. I only have a week to finish it so stay posted for the final drawing!

No comments: