Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Back to Charcoal

I am about to start a project that is very unique to me. If you have read any of my blog (or even just looked at the title), you know that I draw animals almost exclusively. There comes a time, however, when an artist must step outside the comfort zone in order to grow and improve. I believe that time has come. Several years ago, I had an idea for a drawing - a still life. I set it up and photographed it, and stored those photos on my computer. I decided at the time I didn't want to do it after all. The other day, I came across them. The time has come. I have not done a charcoal drawing in several months, and I have decided this still life will be my next. So hopefully, in the next few days, I will have a layout sketch and enough progress done to post a work-in-progress photo. This should be interesting.

No comments: