Saturday, April 10, 2010

Change of Schedule; Past the Panic Stage

At the gallery in my town, there are two rooms. In the main room, they hold juried exhibits based on some central theme. In the second room, a single artist (or group) is able to show several of their pieces at once concurrently with the main exhibit. I was accepted to show my work in this second room later this summer, but after a change in management at the gallery, my exhibit has been bumped up to next month, just over three weeks away! After the momentary panic, I realized I'm in good shape. Three weeks is just enough time to get my last two drawings framed, so all I have left to do is print up some promo material and do last-minute marketing. So, if you are in the area of Los Alamos, New Mexico, please stop by the Fuller Lodge Art Center May 5-June 18, or even meet me at the opening reception May 21, 5-7pm. Fifteen of my works from the last two years will be on display, framed and available for sale.

10 comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

Ooo, I wish I could be there. I would bring a magnifying glass in the hopes of studying your pencil strokes more closely.

Wishing you all the best in your show preparation!

Heather Ward said...

Thank you! It sure would be a long trip for you to get here, huh?

Riitu said...

I love this picture !!!

Court10 said...

I love your drawings! They all seem so realistic but I particularly loved this one. It looks so mischievous and sly. Keep up with the good work!

Heather Ward said...

Thank you, Riitu and Court10.

Cori said...

Wow, this is amazing. You have a talent! This one is by far my favorite! I love it!

Heather Ward said...

Thanks, Cori! The gorilla does seem to be popular.

VidGame said...

Hee,

thanks for sharing.
It's great.

www.onlineBBbooks.com

Tammany said...

I really like this drawing..I can feel the emotion in it.

Heather Ward said...

Thank you!