Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WIP - Snow Leopard and Cubs

After taking some time off for Christmas and recovering from various illnesses in the family, I am finally back full swing into drawing. As you can see, the snow leopard family is coming along pretty well. The cubs still need some work as well as the background. My new technique of applying the fur with the blending stump is not producing the deep shadows I was hoping for, so I have to go back in with the pencils to darken them. Overall, I am happy with how it is turning out.

4 comments:

bobcycle said...

Great sketch of tigers,nice to know that your in good health,keep on drawing men,i so amazed about your skill,maybe this link i give can help you try to visit here

Heather Ward said...

Thank you, bobcycle. Your link is quite interesting, I wish my daughter were old enough to try some of the games.

Vanessa said...

Beautiful work, love the detail!!

Heather Ward said...

Thank you very much, Vanessa!