Thursday, August 20, 2009

Inside The Studio

my art spaceIf you can call my corner of the desk a "studio" at all, then here is the official tour! (Thanks to Glendon Mellow for the idea for this post.) Because I work with pencils, I need very little space to store my supplies. A simple pencil box holds all my graphite, charcoal, Conte, pens, three erasers, three kinds and several sizes of blenders, styli (styluses?), sandpaper, and a folding knife. I use a tabletop easel to save floor space, one that has a nice adjustable incline. It currently covers my 9-year-old Mac, which will soon be retired. I use the large monitor in the corner to display my reference photos while I draw. Then I have the colorful set of drawers to hold other random art supplies. I keep my paper in a nearby cabinet and finished unframed drawings in acid-free boxes under my bed. While my small space is next to a south-facing window, I also have a daylight lamp for when I draw after dark. It's a simple setup, but it works.

2 comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

I like where you've added colour!

It makes my space seem...spacious!

Heather Ward said...

Thanks! The room is quite open, and I have a nice window. But yeah, not much working area. Good thing pencils don't take up much space!