Thursday, July 09, 2009

WIP - Clouded Leopards

clouded leopard drawing in progress in tinted charcoalI just realized I haven't written in a while. Not entirely my fault, I haven't had a lot to write about between a minor surgery and almost slicing my thumb off the other day (good news - I can still draw!). Anyway, since the completion of the coral reef I decided to have another large drawing going. I've had this zebra drawing in planning stage for a while. Unfortunately, I just finished the layout so there's not much to show.

However, I have a slightly smaller drawing going of a family of clouded leopards. This photo is the start of the mother, using tinted charcoal. I'm really getting the hang of the tinted charcoal, learning how to take the few colors to make a wider range of colors and values. It's getting exciting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful start, and I can tell it's going to turn out fabulous!

Heather Ward said...

Thank you very much!