Monday, November 17, 2008
I finished this piece about a week ago, just before I went on vacation. It is the first pyrographic work I have put on this blog, but it won't be the last. I have several others in planning phase, and I need to buy some more wood.
My original plan with these lions was to extend the dark background almost to the edge and have it wrap under the grass area. I carved a groove where the edge of the burning is now, so there would be a thin light line around. But when I got to this point, I liked how the unburned wood acts like a frame, so I left it as it is.
The original 14"x11" piece is available for purchase.